In 2013, the Ministry of Agriculture has deepened institution reform and role changes, stably conduced reform of administrative institutions, innovated and improve the society management institutions, and comprehensively improved the regulation ability of agricultural and rural economy, based on the general requirements of scientific function, clean and effective administration and people-serving governance.
1. Deepening agricultural administrative management system reform based on institution reform and role changes, The Ministry of Agriculture has implemented the requirement of the State Council’s institution reform and role changes plan and other demands from the central government, pushed forward the ministry’s institution reform and role changes, enhanced grassroots agricultural public service institutes building, improved the agricultural comprehensive enforcement system, and constantly increased the level of agricultural administration management and service.
1) The institution reform and role changes have seen smooth development. According to the unified arrangement of the central government, the central compiling office has printed at the end of 2013 the Notice of the Ministry of Agriculture’s institution reform and role changes, which defined the role changing matters in the ministry, the responsibility duties of the ministry and other departments, and adjusted the institution compliment of the ministry.
The first is to adjust the duties. The ministry has removed its duty to guide the financial accounting and self audition of TVEs, transferred its marine enforcement duties to the National Maritime Bureau, and received the management duty of pig slaughtering supervision from the Ministry of Commerce. The ministry is now accountable for drafting laws of livestock killing, making supportive requirements, industry development plan, industry statistics, livestock slaughtering security supervision, etc.. The ministry is responsible for increasing agro-product security supervision and management, promote institution building and coordination, raise agro-product standardization level, promote the system building of agro-product security checking, risk evaluation an agro checking, build agro-product security checking management mechanism, and raise the effectiveness and scientific level of supervision and management.
The second is to define the duties of the ministry and CFDA. The ministry is responsible for the quality and security supervision of edible agro-product’s production, processing and sales links, for the quality and usage supervision and management of vet drugs, feedstuff, adding, pesticide and other chemical fertilizers, for the security supervision and management of livestock slaughter and dairy purchasing links. The duties between the ministry and National maritime bureau have been rationalized, as the ministry is responsible for drafting fishing politics, plans and standards, setting summer fishing prohibition rules and fishing ban, for inter-governmental fishing agreements and negotiation with international regional fishing groups and agreement implementation, organizing the National maritime bureau to draft maritime fishing resource politics and regulations, organized research on maritime wildlife and plant resources, and implemented hunting, domestication and feeding.
The third is to adjust the institution establishment. The veterinary bureau was approved to take the role of livestock slaughter management office, the China animal disease control center the role of slaughtering techniques center. The fishing bureau’s name was changed to Fishing enfranchise management bureau, the county and village company bureau to the agro-products processing bureau. The ministry has established enforcement supervision and management office of the Yangtze River Basin. The ministry was defined not to reserve the enforcement command center and enforcement bureau of three sea sectors. The relative affiliated institutions were revoked. Meanwhile, the ministerial institution and department and bureau-level leadership were also adjusted.
2) The agricultural public service ability has been improved. Until the end of 2013, the country has had 76 000 grassroots-level agro-technical promotion institutes, including 20,000 in the country level and 57,000 in the township level. All these institutes have been functioning well. The capabilities of these institutes in serving the farmers have been advanced by promoting the expert-agro-technicians-scientific model family mode nationwide. The sex-level vet system of central government, province, city, country, township and village and the vet team have been established. The vertical and horizontal vet working net has initially taken shape.
New-type vet team building has been promoted in a stable manner, as the country has confirmed 100,000 official vets, and 64,762 people have passed the exams to get vet license certification. The institution building of agro-products quality supervision have been accelerated and effectively promoted, as all provinces, 75% of cities and 60% districts and counties of the country has established specific institutions supervising the quality and security of agro-products. Ninety-seven percent of agricultural townships and counties have established stations supervising the quality and security of agro-products. The testing system of the quality and security of agro-products has been improved, as the central government, provinces, cities and counties have invested in the building of 2,548 quality-checking institutes, which recruited nearly 30,000 inspectors.
3) The comprehensive agricultural enforcement system has improved gradually. Till the end of 2013, the country has seen 30 provinces, 265 cities and 2,308 counties conduct comprehensive agricultural enforcement. The coverage of county-level comprehensive agricultural enforcement has reached 99% of the one planned. eleven provinces of Hebei, Shanxi, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Fujian, Hubei, Hunan, Guangxi, Sichuan, Guizhou and Gansu have realized 100% coverage of the comprehensive agricultural enforcement, six provinces of Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Hubei, Hunan, Guizhou and Gansu have realized province, city and county-level enforcement teams. The ministry has supported 1,175 counties and cities to conduct standardization building model of comprehensive agricultural enforcement, which further improved their comprehensive agricultural enforcement capabilities.
2. The administrative institution reform has been stably promoted that emphasized classification work According to the arrangement of the central government, the ministry has coordinated the affiliated administrative institutes’ classification, inspection institutes’ integration, scientific system reform, non-political paper publishers’ reform, among others, to further enhance the administrative institutes’ supporting ability, and inject vitality to these institutes.
1) Conducting the ministry’s administrative institute classification. According to the spirit of the central government’s concerning directions in this aspect, the ministry has deeply searched the affiliated administrative institutes’ classification needs, and put forward the initial opinion on the ministry’s administrative institute’s classification. The ministry has organized the in-depth research of the administrative institutes’ classification. The ministry has coordinated with other ministries of the central government to promote the removal of leftover problems of scientific research institutes’ reform. The ministry has searched the paper publishers’ security management mechanism based on the experiences of their reform.
2) Promoting the inspection institutes’ integration. According to the central government’s arrangement, the ministry has set up a task force to integrate the inspection and evaluation institutes, drafted implementation plan, and established long-term mechanism. The ministry has also organized diagnostic investigations of these institutes, gone to grassroots level to conduct on-site research, come up with agro inspection institutes’ integration plan, so as to promote the establishment of the new-type agriculture inspection and evaluation system.
3) Finishing the administrative institutes’ reform research. The ministry has worked with the central government to conduct the system construction research of administrative institutes, research the ministerial administrative institutes’ organization setting, personnel professional post and duty performance, and promote the standard research of agro administrative institutes’. The ministry has worked under the direction of the central government to conduct research on innovating administrative institutes’ organization management.
4) Strengthening the daily management of administrative institutes. Under the direction of the central government, the ministry has organized the statistic collection and annual inspection of 2012. The ministry has inspected the implementation plan of 4 administrative institutes’ post recruitments, and finished the alteration of legal person of 10 administrative institutes. The ministry has completed the confirmation and approval of the ministry’s food and nutrition development research station. The ministry has researched inner organization adjustment of four administrative institutes, optimized the setup of administrative institutes, and improved the development vitality.
3. The agro-society development has been promoted that emphasized service enhancement based on the principle of nurturing and supervision, the ministry has conducted research on society management institution reform, enhanced management and direction of agro-society, advanced nurturing and support, and advanced the society’s bridge role of serving rural and agricultural economic development.
1) The ministry was deeply searching the unhooking of industrial society and administrative institution. It has organized its departments and bureaus to provide ideas on this plan and suggested list, and declare relative basic information, so as to create conditions for the “unhooking”. It has also actively launched the research of scientific society’s taking of the government’s role-transfer work.
2) The ministry was deepening the society’s daily supervision. It has held the ministerial society’s training class, streamlined the society’s annual inspection, registration, and financial management. It has organized the collection of leadership’s part-time job in national social organization. It has organized the ministerial societies to change financial instrument recipients. It has advanced the inspection on ministerial leaders’ taking of society’s part-time posts, coordinated to implement the declaration system of part-time job, so as to promote the agro-societies’ healthy development.
3) The ministry was completing the society’s registration. It has checked 65 ministerial societies’ annual checking materials, and directed societies like seafood distribution and processing society to take part in the social institutes’ evaluation. It has directed the apple industry society and agro-industrialization leading companies’ society to finish registration. It has approved and directed the change of leadership of five societies including the agro-science management committee. It has finished the seaweed industry association’s name-changing approval, and 3 societies’ attached institutions.
Date submitted: April 15, 2016
Reviewed, edited and uploaded: April 19, 2016